Wednesday 4 June 2014

#100happydays: day 4



Helloo :)
 
How are you today ?
 I hope your feeling good . You know why ?
because I love you :) and because you should be feeling good because you my friend are alive .
 
Okay... that got a little deep for an opening sentence but the point stands :) I want you to know that no matter how you feel you need to stay strong, positive and smiley because you're worth it and it will get better . However this isn't what I wanted to talk about . As much as I care about you, I want you to think ; when I need a smile what could someone say to me , either a friend or a stranger to make me smile just a little bit ... and go say it to someone else who needs it .
 
whhhhhyyyyy ? I hear you ask :) well:
 
1) Its nice and its not costing you anything but it might just make their day when they really need it. 
 
2) Maybe... just maybe someone might do the same for you :)
 
3) I guarantee you will feel a little better for making someone smile . They say trust is a two way street, well happiness can be too .
 
And voila ! You both feel better :) it's definitely worth it .
 
The reason I'm talking about this is because today my #100happydays picture is a cropped screenshot of a text my friend sent me after a singing lesson of mine didn't go so well. The important thing is she boosted my confidence, she made me smile and it really meant a lot . Another important thing to remember is that I know she wasn't feeling particularly great either today but she still found time to try and make me feel better.


How you make people feel is important , being happy is important and you can make someone happy! So go and make someone happy, be the reason they smile ... be the little bit of good in their day :) In the words of an amazing poet :

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
- Mary Angelou

One person who is constantly bringing smile's to the people's face's who need it the most, whom has actually made it her life to do so is Jodi Ann Bickley :) This wonderfully inspiring woman created a website 15 months ago after becoming ill causing her to stay in her house and the majority of the time in her bed. On her website she stated " this is a call out. To every other person other than me on the planet - I’m going to write you a letter. A letter just to make the day a bit better or to remind you of the bloody amazing stuff about you that you’ve forgotten because we all forget once in a while". Ms Bickley has written "3000" letters in the last 15 months and currently has 4000 more waiting to be written :) All I ask of you today is to leave one post it note with a nice message on for a stranger or a friend ....If they don't have a smile lend them one of yours , if you don't have a smile; here have one of mine ^  

So I hope you've had a nice day too and that you might now feel like making someone else's day a bit nicer :) If you would like to help Jodi Ann Bickley in her "One Million Lovely Letters " Project then I will leave the links to her website and her kickstarter page here :
Website : http://onemillionlovelyletters.com/
Kickstarter Page : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274419960/support-one-million-lovely-letters

Thank you for reading
Much love, Love much-ly
DontBurstMyBubble xxx

P.s. My apologies for the swearing in the #100happydays photo , I'm not good enough with a computer to work out how to block it out ;) so sorry bout that :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment