Monday 30 June 2014

#100happydays: day 27 ( Festival Fun ! )


Hellooo :)

I'm back ! :D Despite how much I loved sleeping in a freezing cold tent in the middle of no where with no WiFi  and next to no sleep ... it's nice to be back ;) So I know I don't ever do my #100happydays blogs all in one day but as I've been away for three days... well i am writing all the blogs now for festival this weekend :) I did mention I was going to a festival with my youth group in my last blog which you can find here :)

Festival Fun day 1



Woo it's Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday, Everybody's looking forward to the weekend, weekend ! ... I don't actually like that song I just felt it was fitting and couldn't get it out of my head... so yeah I'm sorry if you have that in your head all day now , my bad ;) 

#100happydays: day 27

I actually spent today feeling terrified about going to a festival because I get annoyingly nervous about meeting new people and them not liking me and then the day before I go I spend the day inventing worse case scenario's in my head where I allow my self to freak out about situations such as people hating me on my arrival for no apparent reason and throwing rocks at me or something else completely ridiculous ... which is obviously so realistic ;) I only knew three people that were going to the festival because I'm pretty new to the youth group but people from all over the country were coming to the festival so there were going to be 2000 people at the festival :) By the time I was on the coach I was completely freaking out so I sat in the corner listening to  music and finishing my book :) I actually love long journey's because I can just relax knowing that I can be doing anything but reading and listening to music so I don't have to feel bad about it so I finished One Million Lovely Letters by Jodi Ann Bickley. It was amazing ! Such an inspirational book :) If you've read it then let me know your thoughts on it in the comments and if you haven't ... well I personally recommend you go and start right away ;) You won't regret it .



I pretty much stayed like that for the rest of the journey ... and then we got there and I was just like Oh my gosh Lots of scary thoughts entering my head I don't wanna be here with these people ... Everyone was actually lovely and surprise, surprise no one through any rocks at me aha ;) I was however, incredibly nervous when meeting people but I already new the girl I was sharing a tent with and I kept with the people from our group pretty much on the first day but everyone seemed lovely :) My problem is that I'm either super confident and offering hugs to strangers who seem sad ... or I hide behind people barely being able to make words come out wishing the ground would swallow me up , there's no in the middle :)  So if you get kind of nervous when meeting new people like I do then here's a few tips that I found helped me out a lil bit :) 

1) If you know someone and trust them then try and keep them with you , you'll feel better if you have someone who understands you there so your not completely out of your depth 

2) When your walking over to the new people/ person that you're meeting get your friend to make you talk to them it doesn't matter what about but seriously just anything this way you will be talking when the new person reaches you and words will come easier :) I always panic when I'm near someone new so don't talk but this then makes me feel that if I talk it will come out all croaky and they'll think I'm weird and I'll just shut up again for the rest of the time I'm with them until they walk away ... most likely because of the undeniable awkwardness ;) This also avoids the moment of panic before you speak because you're already talking confidently to someone you know :)  

3) Tell yourself this : look , I don't know this person but they don't know me and actually they might be really nice but unless I just go for this and act confident with them so they can see the real me then i'll never know ... I mean this could be my future best friend and I don't want to ruin that by being socially awkward when I know I'm secretly confident beyond belief :) 

4) Talk to them like a long lost friend . Show them you appreciate them talking to you and value this opportunity for friendship because everyone likes friends .. they can change your life :) If you make them feel welcome this way then they will remember you as a really nice person and will want to talk to you again :) 

5) Fake it till you make it - You can do this , pretend you're really confident just take a deep breath and go " heyyy my names ...." and then it's over with and you can just talk freely because you've done it now . If you're not confident then act as if you are because you'll be surprised how quickly you convince yourself :) Try to remember this person doesn't know you so you can have a completely fresh start with this person ... every new person you meet is a really good opportunity so don't even think about it just grab it :) 

So I hope that helps you out because you never know , this person might have a story that inspire's the rest of your life.  I know you can do this because you are AMAZING ! You just don't quite know it yet :) 

Today's quote is : 

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living out fears.” 
― Les Brown


Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :) 
You can do anything if you want it enough , I believe in you <3 
Much love, Love much-ly 
DontBurstMyBubble xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment