Monday 1 December 2014

It's Snowing in my Bubble !!! :D


Fröhliche Weihnachten!   


That means, 'Merry Christmas' in German :) Now you might be thinking, "why are you saying happy Christmas, in German ... do you even speak German ? " The answer is no, I don't speak German at all, however I've decided to take part, like many over bloggers, in blogmas :) For those who don't know what that is, it means I'll be posting, everyday up until Christmas on the 25th of December :) Yep, that's right ! Now we're into December and counting down the days, our little positivity bubble of happiness is filling with snow, tinsel and fairy lights until our little corner of the internet, more represents a snow globe than a bubble :) But it's still very happy in here all the same :) 

But why German ? Well I've decided that every day of blogmas, we could learn another way to say merry Christmas and at the bottom of each post, in stead of a quote there's going to be a Christmas tradition or fact about that country :) That way, we can spread the Christmas cheer around the whole world ... well at maybe one extra person in a another country but I don't want to be under ambitious ;)  So today I decided to start with German because my sister has recently moved to Germany and she came home to visit this weekend and bought her own variation of an advent calender for me and my mum where she put little presents in numbered paper bags :) Today it was an adorable chocolate teddy bear and some cute Christmas cupcake cases which I will be using in tomorrows DIY Mincemeat cupcakes with cinnamon frosting :) 

In Germany, On the night of December 5th-6th, Nikolaustag, St. Nicholas Day, children leave their shoes or boots outside the front door.That night, Santa Claus, Nikolaus, visits and fills them with chocolates, oranges and nuts if they’ve been good.


Have a lovely day :) 

What advent caleneders do you have ? Let me know in the comments :) 

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :) 

Lots of love, 
DontBurstMyBubbleXx 

No comments:

Post a Comment